First Name:  Last Name: 
[Advanced Search]  [Surnames]

Robert McKAY, Sr.

Male Abt 1679 - Bef 1752  (~ 73 years)


Personal Information    |    PDF

  • Name Robert McKAY 
    Suffix Sr. 
    Born Abt 1679 
    Gender Male 
    AFN HG5H-R1 
    Name Robert MacKAY Sr. 
    Will 7 Oct 1746  Augusta County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Died Bef 19 Aug 1752  Augusta County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Probate 19 Aug 1752  Augusta County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Notes 
    • (1) Source: Robert Mackay Sr. Record <http://www.geocities.com/mckyrbnsn/lines/mackay/>.

      (2) O'Dell, Cecil, Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia (1995), Marceline, MO: Walsworth Publishing Company, 1995, pp. 411-420:

      MCKAY

      Robert McKay (b. 1680 c.) of Freehold Township, Monmouth County, East New Jersey purchased 150 acres of land in Cecil County, Maryland from Stephen Hollingsworth on 18 July 1723. He was living in Cecil County, Maryland when he sold land in Cecil County to Mary Noeland on 5 May 1732.

      He moved to Dry Run (a branch of Opequon Creek) located northwest of present-day Martinsburg, West Virginia, probably soon after the 1732 land sale. A branch of Dry Run was called McCoys/ McKay/Mackays Branch on several surveys in 1751 and 1752. On 18 November 1735, the Orange County Court paid McKay for a wolf's head, certified by Morgan Morgan (a Justice for this district of Orange County).

      While still living in Cecil County, Maryland, Robert McKay and Jost Hite of Pennsylvania were issued a patent for 100,000 acres located on several branches of the Shenandoah River. The Governor of Virginia "with the advise of Council" conferred this land patent on 21 October 1731. . . .

      Robert had moved from Dry Run and was living on the South River Shenandoah when he was listed by Morgan Morgan and Peter Woolf on their record of settlements on the 100,000-acre patent land on 26 January 1735/36. He had settled on 310 acres . . . located about eight miles southwest of present-day Front Royal, Virginia. The tract is accessible by U.S. Highway 340 south to Warren County Highway 619 to County Highways 673 and 623, both of which terminate on the tract.

      Robert McKay was deceased by 19 August 1752 when his will (dated 7 October 1746) was proved in Augusta County Court. He bequeathed land within the 7,000-acre South River tract (part of the 100,000-acre patent land) to daughter Margaret, wife of Joshua Job "one half of the land her husband now lives on named Joshua's Bottom;" to daughter Hannah, wife of George Hollingsworth, the other half of Joshua's Bottom; to daughter Leah, wife of William Taylor (Tyler), "the land her husband lives on;" to daughter Mary, wife of George Robinson of Pennsylvania, land named George's Bottom; to daughter Elizabeth, one-half of all the personal estate; to son Robert McKay Jr., "land named his Bottom that has been in his possession some time;" to son James, his place or plantation surveyed as 110 (310) acres called "the old place;" to son Zachary, his "Plantation named Nathaniel Calbreath's Bottom;" to son Moses, a tract named Haybottom. He appointed sons Robert, Zachary, James and Moses to serve as executors. Robert added a codicil to his will providing for his wife; she was to live on the land which he willed to son Moses, and their sons were to contribute to her support. Robert was living on this tract at the time of his death.

      George Robinson of Cecil County, Maryland (son of George Robinson of Newark, New Castle County, Delaware) married Mary Mackay (McKay, daughter of Robert McKay of Cecil County, Maryland) at their Public Meeting House in Nottingham, Chester County, Pennsylvania on the 14th day, 2nd month (April) 1726. Attending the Quaker marriage were:

      Robert and Mary (wife) McKay
      Katherine Robinson (the groom's mother)
      Mary and Thomas Jacob (sister and brother-in-law of the groom)
      Mary Browne
      Abram Hollingsworth
      Ann Ogden
      Joseph Hollingsworth
      Katherine Williston
      Rebechah Robinson
      Susannah Churchman
      Margaret Browne
      John Robinson
      John Lertell
      John Beals Sr.
      Jacob Beals
      James King
      John Gartrill
      Enoch Job
      William Reynolds
      Jacob Haines
      Cornelius Carmach
      Robert Sinclaire
      Thomas Job
      Richard Jones
      John Green
      Richard Browne
      Katherine Robinson
      Ann Hollingsworth
      Mary Parkins
      Rachell Gatchell
      Rachell Littler
      Sarah Beals
      Mary Wright
      Mary White
      Elizabeth Kirk
      Dinah Churchman
      Elizabeth Harrold
      Rebechah Piggott
      Leah Kelly
      John Beals Jr.
      Joseph Haines
      Thomas Browne
      Samuel Littler
      John Churchman Jr.
      William Browne
      Samuel Browne
      Sarah Carmach
      Mary Sinclaire
      Caleb Job
      John Mead
      John Williams
      Abraham Job

      Joshua Job (b. 2 March 1707, son of Andrew Job) married Margaret McKay of Maryland at Nottingham in Chester County, Pennsylvania on 11 January 1730/31.

      George Hollingsworth (son of Abraham Hollingsworth) was living on the north side of Opeckon (Opequon) when he married Hannah McKay (Robert McKay's daughter) who lived near Opequon. They were married at Isaac Perkins house in Orange County, Virginia on 19 December 1734.

      Robert McKay Jr. (b. 1705, a Quaker of Orange County) married Patience Job (b. 2 September 1710, daughter of Andrew Job) at Nottingham, Chester County, Pennsylvania on 27 January 1735.

      Robert McKay Jr. (son of Robert McKay, b. 1680 c.) purchased 828 acres of the Vanmeter/Hite grant land and received a patent from the Colony of Virginia for it on 3 October 1734. . . . This tract was located north of present-day Front Royal on Crooked Run, a branch of the Shenandoah River. U.S. Highway 340/522 runs on or along the east side and Interstate Highway 66 crosses the southernmost section. . . . West Run (a branch of Crooked Run) and Warren County Highway 627 cross the tract at Cedarville, Virginia.

      Robert Jr. sold 100 acres of the 828-acre tract to Thomas Chester for three pounds on 19 November 1739. . . . He sold 340 acres of the 828-acre tract to William Rentfroe for 17 pounds on 23 July 1740.. . . He sold 10 acres to Charles Baker for 10 pounds on 4 June 1759 and 304½ acres to his son Jacob McKay for 500 pounds on 2 May 1765; both of these transactions involved land from the 828-acre tract.

      Andrew McKay (Robert Jr.'s son) married Jane Ridgeway (John Ridgeway's daughter) at the Quaker Hopewell Monthly Meeting in Virginia on 27 November 1760. The McKay witnesses were Robert Jr., Jacob and Margaret McKay and Margaret McKay. Robert Jr.'s wife Patience was deceased by 22 December 1762 when their daughter Margaret married Richard Ridgeway (John and Hannah Ridgeway's son) at the Crooked Run Meeting House. The McKay's witnessing Margaret's wedding were Robert Jr., Andrew, Jacob, Jane and Robert III. Jacob McKay of Crooked Run in Frederick County married Rachel Ridgeway of Opequon in Frederick County at the Hopewell Monthly Meeting on 15 August 1765. The McKays witnessing Jacob's wedding were his father Robert Jr. and brothers Andrew and Robert III.

      Andrew McKay (b. 29 December 1736, Robert Jr.'s son) purchased 368 acres located on the east side of the Shenandoah River from John Branson and his wife Martha on 26 April 1768. . . . He purchased an additional 25 acres . . . from Samuel Earle on 5 May 1767. Andrew purchased 69 acres from John and Martha Branson on 5 April 1762 and 100 acres from John Cordes and his wife Elizabeth (purchased from Branson) on 3 May 1772. Both of these tracts were located east of the 368- acre tract. . . . Andrew purchased 440 acres from Thomas Rutherford, Sheriff of Frederick County, for 145 pounds, 12 shillings, 5 pence on 5 March 1771. This 440-acre tract had been sold by his father Robert McKay Jr. out of his 828- acre tract to William Rentfroe and Thomas Chester in 1739 and 1740. The 440-acre tract was sold because the Poll and Land Taxes had not been paid to the County as Robert McKay had agreed to in February 1763. Now the entire 828-acre tract was in the possession of Andrew McKay and his brother Jacob McKay.

      Andrew was deceased by 3 December 1804 when his will (dated 30 September 1803) was proved in Frederick County Court. He listed sons: Moses, Jacob and Enos; daughters: Margaret, wife of Oliver Frenston and Patience, wife of Robert Whitaker. A more complete listing of the children born to Andrew and Jane McKay:

      • Jacob, b. 17 February 1762, d. 28 February 1762;
      • a second Jacob, b. 28 December 1772, married Mary Hains (daughter of Robert Hains and his wife Margaret) on 9 January 1799;
      • Patience, b. 9 February 1763, married Robert Whitacre (of Loudoun County, Virginia, son of John and Naomi Whitaker);
      • Rachel, b. 29 December 1764;
      • Moses, b. 7 October 1766, married Abigail Shinn (daughter of George and Rachel Shinn of Stafford County, Virginia) on 6 March 1793; (all of the marriages above took place at the Quaker Crooked Run Meeting House)
      • David, b. 5 September 1768, d. 30 August 1773;
      • John, b. 10 December 1770, d. 1 August 1773;
      • Esther, b. 11 December 1776;
      • Margaret, b. 8 May 1779;
      • Enos, b. 1 October 1774, married Catherine ? by 1813.

      As executors of Andrew McKay's will, Moses and Jacob McKay sold two tracts of land on 25 April 1806. These two tracts were granted to Andrew on 10 October 1779. A 260-acre tract located on Fort Mountain . . . was sold to Jeremiah McKay and a 23-acre tract on Jeremy's Run . . . to Benjamin Wood.

      Jacob McKay (b. 1740 c., son of Robert Jr.) bought 304½ acres from his father for 500 pounds on 2 May 1765. . . . He also purchased 165 acres from Thomas Branson and his wife Jane for 109 pounds on 29 February 1768. . . .

      James McKay (b. 1720 c., son of Robert Sr.) inherited his father's "old Home Place" (a 310-acre tract) on the South River Shenandoah. . . . He purchased 127 acres on the north side of South River Shenandoah adjacent to his 310-acre tract "where he lives" from Lord Fairfax on 11 March 1778. He also bought 400 acres on 9 September 1788 and 80 acres (granted by Virginia) on 27 March 1799 (10 April 1797, granted by Fairfax) adjacent to the 310-acre tract from Lord Fairfax.

      James and his brother Zachariah McKay sold 400 acres located on the South River Shenandoah at the mouth of Dry Run to William Whitson on 2 December 1754. They gave Whitson a Bond of 500 pounds to underwrite any claim or title of any person other than Lord Thomas Fairfax. This 400-acre tract was not submitted to the Northern Neck Proprietors requesting a grant. The tract passed through sales from William Hines to Jeremiah Whitson to Nehemiah Wood to Benjamin Wood. The McKay Bond of 500 pounds averted the obligation for Benjamin Wood to pay the heirs of Hite, McKay, Duff and Green for the tract in 1797. The 400-acre tract was located on the west side of the main road (1767, present-day U.S. Highway 340) from Whitson Ford to Dodsons Path. . . .

      On 30 September 1790, James consigned Power of Attorney to Isaac McCarty of Nelson County, Kentucky for the purpose of recovering and receiving money for land in Kentucky.

      James McKay was deceased by 12 September 1797 when his will (dated 18 July 1797) was proved in Shenandoah County Court. He listed his wife Mary, daughter of Thomas Chester and his daughters Nancy and Lidia. He bequeathed 300 acres of the 400-acre tract "on the road that leads to Weavers Mill" (Northern Neck Grant T-57) to his son James Jr. He willed 127 acres "that part of the plantation where I now live" (Northern Neck Grant Q-281) to his son Robert. To his son-in-law John Coile (husband of his daughter Susanah), he bequeathed "the land where Coile lives." James appointed his son Robert McKay and son-in-law John Coile as executors.

      Robert McKay (son of James McKay Sr., b. 1720 c.) mortgaged the 301-acre "Old Home Place" to Jacob Cook for 1,000 dollars on 2 June 1800; the 1,000 dollars was used to pay off a debt to Joseph Stover. On 7 December 1802, Robert and his wife Lydia sold the 315-acre tract to Jacob Cook and Joseph Stover for one dollar. This land transaction was made for the purpose of settling a longstanding obligation. Jacob Cook paid the required one dollar for a legal transfer of deed and Joseph Stover was "the Third Part . . . for securing the payment of 3,000 dollars he (Robert) owes to Stover."

      James McKay Jr. (son of James, b. 1720 c.) was deceased by 18 November 1809 when his widow Mary McKay of Dearborn County, Indiana and their eight children sold the 300 acres (part of the 400-acre tract "lying on the road to Weavers Mill") which James Jr. had inherited from his father. Their children were: James McKay III, Moses McKay (wife Behethalon), Zachariah McKay (wife Sarah), Robert McKay - all of the above lived in Shenandoah County, Virginia - Polly McKay Vaughn (husband Thomas Vaughn, deceased), Nancy McKay, Leah McKay and Abraham McKay -all of these McKays lived in Dearborn County, Indiana.

      Moses McKay (b. 1715 c., son of Robert Sr., b. 1680 c.) was deceased by 27 November 1772 when his son Isaac McKay and Mary McKay (probably Moses' widow) were appointed executors by the Shenandoah County Court. In November 1780, the Shenandoah Court appointed Abraham McKay (Moses' son) as the superseding administrator of Moses' estate. Isaac McKay (b. 1745 c., son of Moses, b. 1715 c.) was deceased by 29 August 1782 when the Shenandoah County Court appointed Abraham McKay as guardian of Isaac McKay (b. 1770 c., orphan of Isaac McKay).

      Abraham McKay (b. 1750 c., brother of Isaac and son of Moses, b. 1715 c.) had 424 acres located near the South River Shenandoah . . . surveyed on 5 May 1778. On 24 February 1779, he received a Fairfax grant for this tract located adjacent to his brother's 208-acre tract. Both tracts were on the west side of the South River Shenandoah, northwest of present-day Overall, Virginia and both tracts were in Warren and Page counties. Abraham and his wife Rachel sold the 424-acre tract to Jeremiah McKay (probably the son of Isaac Sr., b. 1745 c.) for 100 pounds on 2 October 1784.

      Isaac McKay (b. 1770 c., son of Isaac Sr., b. 1745 c.) sold 200 acres located on the north side of the South River Shenandoah (part of the 208 acres granted to his father on 6 February 1778 where his father lived) to Jeremiah McKay on 4 March 1797. . . .

      On 28 December 1790, Jeremiah McKay appointed David Job of Washington County, North Carolina (Tennessee) and Abraham McKay of Greene County, North Carolina (Tennessee) to act as his legal attorneys to recover and receive his wife Lydia's part of the deceased Joseph Whitson's estate. Jeremiah and Lydia sold 120 acres to Thomas Allen Jr. on 4 September 1812. This 120-acre tract, granted to Jeremiah on 22 December 1804 and previously surveyed for Isaac McKay and Jeremiah McKay, was located at the end of Knob Mountain (present-day Rileyville, Virginia area).

      Zachariah McKay (son of Robert Sr., b. 1680 c.) had moved to Sullivan County, North Carolina (Tennessee) by 8 February 1790 when he appointed Jeremiah McKay and Sinnett Young of Shenandoah County to act as his lawful attorneys for the recovery of rents from lands "whereon George Priest, Thomas Vinson and Peter Arterburn now live." Zachariah was still alive on 1 September 1797, as were his sister Leah and brother James McKay.

      Leah McKay (Robert Sr.'s daughter) had married William Taylor (Tyler) by the time her father's will was written on 7 October 1746. William Tyler was deceased by 22 August 1749 when Leah was appointed administratrix of his estate with Robert McKay as her surety. William and Leah McKay Tyler had two children: William McKay Tyler and Leah McKay Tyler, who married Charles Whitson.

      Charles Whitson received a Fairfax grant for 365 acres on Jeremy's Run of South River Shenandoah on 23 July 1771.. . . This tract was located adjacent south of present-day Rileyville, Virginia east of U.S. Highway 340. Page County Highway 662 crosses the north section and Highway 611 crosses the south section of the tract. Jeremy's Run formed the southwest property line. Charles and Leah Tyler Whitson sold the 365-acre tract to Jacob Follis Jr. for 1,000 pounds on 21 March 1780. At the same time, they sold 167 acres on Mill Run (purchased from Samuel Bethel who had purchased from Henry Netherton) to Jacob Follis Jr. for 150 pounds. Charles Whitson was deceased by 31 August 1780. Charles Whitson's son Jeremiah and his wife Lisey sold 100 acres to Nehemiah Wood on 24 September 1788. Charles bought this tract from Barnaby Eagon on 22 August 1779. Eagon purchased the 100-acre tract from Jeremiah Odell (part of Odell's 400-acre 16 March 1761 Fairfax grant) on 1 May 1769.

      William Tyler (son of William and Leah McKay Tyler) was living in Washington (Cocke) County, Tennessee on 10 October 1806 when he appointed Benjamin Wood of Shenandoah County as his "Lawfull Attorney."

      Leah McKay Tyler married Jeremiah Odell (son of Samuel Odell) after husband William Tyler Sr. 's death in 1749. Jeremiah and Leah sold two tracts on Dry Run on 1 May 1769: a 400-acre tract which had been granted to Jeremiah on 7 September 1766 and the 100-acre tract (part of Jeremiah's 400-acre grant land mentioned earlier) to Barnaby Eagon. Jeremiah's father Samuel Odell had assigned the 400-acre tract to him by 30 July 1750. This tract was located adjacent south of Compton and Dry Run, Virginia. Present-day U.S. Highway 340 runs along the west property line as the Indian Road did then.

      Jeremiah and Leah Odell sold the remaining 300 acres of the 400-acre tract to John Allen on 2 March 1772. Allen sold the 300 acres in two tracts: 150 acres to John Overall on 22 August 1780 and 150 acres to Matthew Maddox on 29 August 1780. Barnaby Eagon sold his 100-acre section of the 400-acre tract to Charles Whitson on 22 August 1779.

      Samuel Odell lived on this 400-acre tract from around 1744/45 when he arrived at the South River Shenandoah until at least 23 March 1770 when Adam Cunningham stated in a deposition that Samuel was living there. Two-hundred acres of the 400-acre tract was located within the 7,000-acre South River tract.

      Jeremiah Odell was deceased by 22 July 1777 when his will (dated 24 June 1777) was proved in Shenandoah County Court. He bequeathed all the land "he now lives on and half the movable Estate" to his wife Leah. He willed the "back land" surveyed by Peter Stephens and not returned (200-acre tract granted to William Tyler on 13 October 1779 . . . ) to his stepson William Tyler. He listed his brothers Benjamin, James and Jonathan Odell. Their father Samuel Odle, along with Peter Scholl, Thom Lockey (Looker), William Carroll, Sam Newman, John Skeen, Joseph Langdon, Sam Lusk, William Rogers, Cornelius Ruddell and Barnaby Eagon deposed in a sworn statement that "they removed from Pennsylvania and the Jerseys (East New Jersey and West New Jersey) to this Colony (Virginia) and settled their land at great expense and trouble and considerably improved them, and hope to be quited," (released from the Hite/Fairfax lawsuit).

      In 1777, Leah McKay Tyler Odell married again following Jeremiah Odell's death, ? Leeth. Leah Leeth, widow, was deceased by 12 September 1797 when her will (dated 9 October 1794) was proved in Shenandoah County Court. She bequeathed ''the plantation whereon she now lives, willed to me by my father Robert McKay (b. 1780 c.)" to her son William Tyler. Leah listed her daughter Leah Whitson, granddaughter Margaret Whitson and grandsons Joseph and James Whitson. She appointed son William Tyler to serve as executor.

      The Commissioners appointed to settle the Hite, McKay, Duff and Green lawsuit sold 205 acres on the South Fork Shenandoah River to William Tyler for 800 pounds on 28 November 1797. This 205-acre tract was probably the "plantation" which he had inherited from his mother Leah Leeth.

      (2) Frederick County, Virginia, Hopewell Friends History [database online], Orem, UT: Ancestry.com, 1997:

      A Friend who does not appear to have been associated in business with Alexander Ross and his company, yet was largely concerned in the settlement of the Shenandoah Valley, was Robert McKay Sr., who came to Virginia from Cecil County, Maryland, to which place he had come some years before from near Freehold, Monmouth County, New Jersey. While residing in Cecil County he was a member of Nottingham Monthly Meeting, the minutes of which record the marriage intentions of three of his children, viz.: Margaret, who married Joshua Job; Hannah, who married George Hollingsworth; and Robert Jr., who married Patience, daughter of Andrew Job. In the New Garden records may be found the marriage of his daughter Mary and George Robinson of Brandywine Hundred, New Castle County, Delaware.

      Robert McKay Sr. carried on very extensive transactions in land. For example, on the 21st of 10th month, 1731, he secured from the Governor and Council an order for 100,000 acres. In this grant he had as a partner Joist Hite, leader of the German settlers in the lower Shenandoah Valley. In the bill of complaint filed by Hite in 1749 in his suit against Lord Fairfax relative to the titles for this land, it is stated that both Hite and McKay were residents of Pennsylvania when the Council made this order, but no doubt they arrived in the Valley shortly thereafter. The terms of this order required McKay and Hite to settle 100 families on their land in two [p.186]years, which it appears they were unable to do, as the Governor and Council in a subsequent order extended the period; but in 1737 when their settlers were enumerated by Col. Morgan ap Morgan, representing the Governor, and Peter Wolfe, representing McKay and Hite, it was found that sufficient settlers were actually in residence to comply with the terms of the original order.

      The business of McKay and Hite developed very largely, and feeling the need of aid they took into partnership William Duff, a Friend residing in King George County, Va., and a certain Robert Green of Orange County. Some time before his death in 1752 Robert McKay Sr. withdrew from the firm, which soon became involved with Lord Fairfax in lawsuits which were not settled until after the Revolutionary War, when all the original litigants had long been dead. Among the various tracts of land held by Robert McKay Sr. and his partners was one of 7009 acres on Linville Creek, in what is now Rockingham County, which they secured in 1739. In June, 1746, 1200 acres of this land was transferred to Robert McKay Sr. This valuable tract after his death descended to his sons, Robert Jr., Zachariah, Moses, and James, who possessed the greater part of it until 1768, when they sold 300 acres of it to Tunis Vanpelt and 600 acres to John Lincoln. Portions of both these tracts were acquired by Captain Abraham Lincoln, grandfather of President Lincoln, and were sold by him in 1780 when he was preparing to move to Kentucky. On Captain Lincoln's land was a meeting house which was built in or before 1756, while the land was still owned by the McKays. They doubtless built the house, or aided in building it. The Baptists of the neighborhood, organized in August 1756, with Rev. John Alderson as pastor, acquired it and used it thereafter.

      Robert McKay Sr. lived on or near the South (main) Fork of the Shenandoah River several miles above Riverton. This placed him in Augusta County after 1744, when the line between Frederick and Augusta was surveyed, and in Augusta County his will is on record. The place of his residence is indicated by an order of Council of June 12, 1734, when Robert Brooke was directed to survey land claimed by William Russell within the grant of 100,000 acres made to McKay and Hite:

      It is ordered that Mr. Robert Brooke do survey the ten thousand acres of land granted the said Russell, in the fork of Shenando so as the said survey do not extend near to the said Robert McKay's present settlement than one mile, nor above ten miles along the river from his beginning place at the mouth of the said fork, and if within these bounds he cannot have the aforesaid quantity of 10,000 acres, that then the survey be extended back in a straight course from the river towards the north branch to complete the same.

      The will of Robert McKay Sr. was dated the 7th of the 10th month, 1746, and probated the 19th of the 8th month, 1752. His sons were appointed executors. James qualified by making oath; Zachariah declined to serve; Moses and Robert Jr., who were Friends, as the record shows, qualified by affirmation.

      James McKay married Mary, daughter of Captain Thomas Chester, who lived in the gap of the Blue Ridge that now bears his name; Moses McKay married Mary Job; Leah McKay married first William Taylor, and second _____ Leith. The marriages of the other children of Robert McKay Sr. appear in the Nottingham and New Garden Meetings records as before mentioned.

      Robert McKay Jr. lived on a tract of 828 acres of land on both sides of Crooked Run in what is now Frederick and Warren Counties, which he held by a Crown patent bearing date October 3, 1734. He was closely associated with Friends of Hopewell and Crooked Run meetings all his life and devoted to the interests of our Society. Meetings were held at his house, and the Journal of John Fothergill records that on the 15th of 9th month, 1736, John Fothergill went "from Alexander Rosse's to a meeting the following day near Shenando River held at Robert McKay's the Younger--pretty open and comfortable."
    Person ID I9890  Frost, Gilchrist and Related Families
    Last Modified 10 Sep 2018 

    Family 1 Ann BROWN,   b. Abt 1687, Delaware County, PA Find all individuals with events at this location 
    Married Abt 1700 
    Children 
     1. Elizabeth McKAY,   b. Abt 1719, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Abt 1790, Sullivan County, NC [now TN] Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 71 years)  [natural]
     2. Leah McKAY,   b. Abt 1716, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Bef 12 Sep 1797, Shenandoah County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 81 years)  [natural]
     3. Robert McKAY, Jr.,   b. Abt 1708, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Bef 20 Sep 1796, Warren County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 88 years)  [natural]
     4. Moses McKAY,   b. Abt 1720, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. 1777, VA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 57 years)  [natural]
     5. Hannah McKAY,   b. Abt 1715, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Abt 1755, Frederick County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 40 years)  [natural]
     6. Mary McKAY,   b. Abt 1705, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Abt 1797, New Castle County, DE Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 92 years)  [natural]
     7. James McKAY, Sr.,   b. Abt 1700, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Bef 12 Sep 1797, Shenandoah County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 97 years)  [natural]
     8. Zachariah McKAY,   b. Abt 1714, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Aft 1 Sep 1797, Sullivan County, NC [now TN] Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 83 years)  [natural]
     9. Margaret McKAY,   b. Abt 1710, Freehold Township, Monmouth County, NJ Find all individuals with events at this location,   d. Abt 1770, Frederick County, VA Find all individuals with events at this location  (Age ~ 60 years)  [natural]
    Last Modified 10 Sep 2018 10:37:02 
    Family ID F4656  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family 2 Mary (MacKAY) 
    Married Bef 14 Feb 1726 
    Last Modified 10 Sep 2018 10:37:02 
    Family ID F4672  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart

    Family 3 Margaret (MacKAY) 
    Married Bef 11 Jan 1731 
    Last Modified 10 Sep 2018 10:37:02 
    Family ID F4673  Group Sheet  |  Family Chart