1861 - 1950 (88 years)
||Ellen Luvina VROMAN |
||10 Nov 1861
||Lee County, IL
||29 Mar 1950
||Carthage, Jasper County, MO
|Cause: Uremia, with coma, the antecedent causes of which were nephritis and myocarditis |
||Park Cemetery, Carthage, Jasper County, MO
- (1) A household headed by Ellen FROST is listed in the 1930 census of Carthage, Jasper County, MO.
Ellen is listed in the 1930 census as a widow who was then 68 years of age; therefore, according to the 1930 census, she was born in about 1862. According to the 1930 census, she was born in IL, her father was born in OH, and her mother was born in IL.
(2) Ellen L. "FRAGT" is listed as a lodger in a household headed by Alice J. SCHOOLER in the 1940 census of Ward 5, Carthage, Jasper County, MO. [The compiler believes that Ellen L.'s surname was really FROST.] The official enumeration date of this household is April 1, 1940; the actual enumeration date of this household is April 13, 1940.
This household is listed at 1156 S. Maple Street.
Ellen L. is listed in the 1940 census as a widow who was then 78 years of age; therefore, according to the 1940 census, she was born in about 1862. According to the 1940 census, she was born in IL. According to the 1940 census, her residence as of April 1, 1935 was at the same place as it was as of April 1, 1940.
(3) Obituary from unknown newspaper [probably a Carthage, MO newspaper], date unknown [probably March 29, 1950]:
MRS. ELLEN L. FROST, 88 DIES
DEATH COMES AT HOME OF SON, FRANK, ON S. GARRISON
FUNERAL SERVICES FOR AGED CARTHAGE WOMAN TOMORROW AFTERNOON AT ULMER HOME
Mrs. Ellen Luvina Frost, 88 widow of James R. Frost and a resident here 34 years, passed away at 6:05 o'clock this morning at the home of a son, Frank Frost, 1632 S. Garrison.
Mrs. Frost became ill January 20th and on February 18th was moved from her home at 1126 James to that of her son and daughter-in-law, Mr. & Mrs. Frank Frost. She was born November 10, 1861, in Illinois. Her parents moved from there to Iowa where the daughter was married in 1881 to Mr. Frost. The Frosts continued to make their home in Iowa until 1900 when they went to Oklahoma and after his retirement they moved to Carthage in 1916. Mr. Frost was a farmer prior to moving here. He died 24 years ago.
Mrs. Frost was a member of the Christian Church.
Surviving her are two other sons, Clyde E. Frost, Downey, CA; and George D. Frost, Long Island, NY; three daughters, Mrs. J. E. Downey, 1036 James St.; Mrs. S. F. Jones, Hillsdale, OK; Mrs. R. E. Hooker, Burbank, CA; a brother, Frank Vroman of west of Fidelity; a half-sister, Mrs. Gertrude Pelton, Rockford, Ill. and 23 grandchildren, and 28 great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be held at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon at the Ulmer funeral home. Burial will be in Park Cemetery.
(4) Funeral notice from unknown newspaper [probably a Carthage, MO newspaper], date unknown:
SERVICES FOR MRS. FROST FUNERAL CONDUCTED AT ULMER HOME BY REV. FORREST BAILEY
Funeral services for Mrs. Ellen Luvina Frost, who passed away Wed. at the home of a son, Frank Frost, of S. Garrison, were conducted yesterday afternoon at the funeral home with the Rev. Forrest Bailey, pastor of the First Christian church, in charge. Burial was in Park Cemetery.
Mrs. Winston Carter sang "Beyond the Sunset" and "Goodnight and Goodmorning." Mrs. John Carter was the organist. Pallbearers were Kenneth Mitchell, Charles Goll, Claude Scott, Siegel Beck, Frank Chapman and Henry Easson.
(5) Missouri Death Certificates, 1910 - 1957 <http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/birthdeath/>:
Standard Certificate of Death, The Division of Health of Missouri, State File No. 9203, Reg. Dist. No. 157, Primary Reg. Dist. No. 3028, Registrar's No. 61:
Place of Death: 1632 S. Garrison, Carthage, Jasper County
Length of Stay: 34 Yrs.
Usual Residence: 1632 Garrison, Carthage, Jasper County, Missouri
Name of Deceased: Ellen Luvina Frost
Date of Death: Mar 29, 1950
Color or Race: White
Married, Never Married, Widowed, Divorced: Widowed
Date of Birth: Nov. 10, 1861
Usual Occupation: Housewife
Kind of Business or Industry: Own Home
Citizen of What Country?: U.S.
Father's Name: Henry Vroman
Mother's Maiden Name: Unknown
Name of Husband or Wife: James Ross Frost
Was Deceased Ever in the U.S. Armed Forces?: no
If yes, give war or dates of service: none
Social Security No.: no
Informant's Signature or Name: Frank Frost, Carthage, Mo.
Cause of Death
Disease or Condition Directly Leading to Death: Uremia, with Coma
Interval Between Onset and Death: 10 days
Antecedent Causes: Nephritis & Myocarditis Chronic interstitial
Interval Between Onset and Death: 1 year
Other Significant Conditions: Senility
Date of Operation: none
Accident Suicide Homicide: none
Time of Injury: none
I hereby certify that I attended the deceased from June 11, 1949, to Mar 29, 1950, that I last saw the deceased alive on Mar 26, 1950, and that death occurred at 6 A.m., from the causes and on the date stated above.
Signature: George H. Wood, M.D.
Address: Carthage Mo
Date Signed: 3/30/50
Burial, Cremation, Removal: Burial
Name of Cemetery or Crematory: Park Cemetery
Location: Carthage, Mo.
Date Rec'd by Local Reg.: 3-30-1950
Registrar's Signature: L. B. Clinton, M.D. 134 per N. Ferguson RN.
Funeral Directors' Signature: ULMER FUNERAL HOME, CARTHAGE, MO.
||Frost, Gilchrist and Related Families
||26 Feb 2017 |
||Henry VROMAN, b. 30 Sep 1830, Berkshire, Delaware County, OH , d. 03 Jun 1915, Numa, Appanoose County, IA (Age 84 years) |
||Elizabeth A. HOLDREN, b. Abt 1838, PA , d. 1865, Lee County, IL (Age ~ 27 years) |
||29 Dec 1853
||Lee County, IL 
||01 Jan 1854
||Lee County, IL 
(1) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index ®, Copyright © 1980, 2002, data as of November 15, 2002, Batch #: 7331313, Sheet #: 78, Source Call #: 0822338, Printout Call #: NONE.
(2) Lee County, IL Marriage Index:
Book A (1839-1873), p. 58
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||James Ross FROST, b. 25 Mar 1849, Lee County, IA , d. 15 Mar 1926, Carthage, Jasper County, MO (Age 76 years) |
||26 May 1881
||Appanoose County, IA 
(1) Early Marriages in Appanoose County, Iowa, 1847-1900, Volume 1, p. 46:
Frost, James R. 32 to Ellen L. Vroman 19, May 26, 1881, Bk 7 Pg 594. [The compiler believes that the age of James R. Frost shown in this record is incorrect.]
(2) Marriage Record, Appanoose County, Iowa:
Mr. James R. Frost age 30 to Miss Ellen L. Vroman age 19
In the Circuit Court of Appanoose County, Iowa, in Vacation, May 26th 1881.
ISSUE OF LICENSE
Application being made this day by John Frost for LICENSE for the Marriage of Mr. James R. Frost aged 30 years, and Miss Ellen L. Vroman aged 19 years, and it appearing by the above written consent [sic, there is no such consent] and the statements of John Frost, the Father of James R. Frost that the said parties are of competent age and condition to marry, LICENSE IS THEREFORE ISSUED.
Clerk of the Circuit Court
CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE
To the Circuit Court of Appanoose County, Iowa:
This Certifies, That on the 26th day of May 1881, at Cincinnatti [sic] in said County, according to law, and by authority, I duly Joined in Marriage Mr. James R. Frost and M. Ellen L. Vorman [sic].
Given under my hand this 30th day of May 1881.
Justice of the Peace
| ||1. James Blaine FROST, b. 24 Feb 1882, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 22 Oct 1943, Enid, Garfield County, OK (Age 61 years) [Natural]|
| ||2. Clyde Elmer FROST, b. 19 Nov 1884, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 04 Jul 1967, Los Angeles County, CA (Age 82 years) [Natural]|
| ||3. Nettie May FROST, b. 10 Apr 1887, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 08 May 1904, OK (Age 17 years) [Natural]|
| ||4. Frank Albert FROST, b. 20 Sep 1889, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 24 Feb 1974, Joplin, Jasper County, MO (Age 84 years) [Natural]|
| ||5. Ethel Estelle FROST, b. 13 Sep 1891, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 20 Aug 1976 (Age 84 years) [Natural]|
| ||6. Margaret Jane FROST, b. 25 Dec 1893, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 16 Feb 1986, Carthage, Jasper County, MO (Age 92 years) [Natural]|
| ||7. Esther Ava FROST, b. 05 Aug 1896, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 20 Dec 1977, Los Angeles County, CA (Age 81 years) [Natural]|
| ||8. George Dewey FROST, b. 30 Aug 1899, Cincinnati, Appanoose County, IA , d. 04 Feb 1986, Hemet, Riverside County, CA (Age 86 years) [Natural]|
| ||9. Donald Leo FROST, b. 08 Apr 1903, OK , d. 12 Mar 1937, Camden, Camden County, NJ (Age 33 years) [Natural]|
||26 Feb 2017 10:41:16 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Citation Text: (1) Lee County, IL MarriageIndex, Book A (1839-1873), p. 58.
- Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Citation Text: (2) Iowa Marriages,1809-1992: Groom's Name: James R. Frost Groom's Birth Date: Groom's Birthplace: Groom's Age: Bride's Name: Ellen L. Vroman Bride's Birth Date: Bride's Birthplace: Bride's Age: Marriage Date: 26 May 1881 Marriage Place: Appanoose, Iowa Groom's Father's Name: Groom's Mother's Name: Bride's Father's Name: Bride's Mother's Name: Groom's Race: Groom's Marital Status: Groom's Previous Wife's Name: Bride's Race: Bride's Marital Status: Bride's Previous Husband's Name: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M02550-9 System Origin: Iowa-EASy Source Film Number: 1007084 Reference Number:.