1911 - 1989 (77 years)
||James Taylor RUTHERFORD |
||23 Dec 1911
||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, OK
|Social Security No.
||08 Feb 1989
||Houston, Harris County, TX
(1) A household headed by J. T. RUTHERFORD is listed in the 1940 census of Houston, Harris County, TX. The official enumeration date of this household is April 1, 1940; the actual enumeration date of this household is an unspecified date in April 1940.
The address of J. T.'s household is not listed in the 1940 census.
J. T. is listed in the 1940 census as a person who was then 28 years of age; therefore, according to the 1940 census, he was born in about 1912. His occupation, if any, is not listed in the 1940 census. According to the 1940 census, he was born in TX. According to the 1940 census, his residence as of April 1, 1935 was at the same place as it was as of April 1, 1940.
Listed with J. T. is his wife, Janet, who was then 22 years of age; therefore, according to the 1940 census, she was born in about 1918. According to the 1940 census, she was born in TX. According to the 1940 census, her residence as of April 1, 1935 was at the same place as it was as of April 1, 1940.
Also listed with J. T. is his daughter, Kay, who was then 1 year of age; therefore, according to the 1940 census, she was born in about 1939. According to the 1940 census, she was born in TX. According to the 1940 census, her residence as of April 1, 1935 was at the same place as it was as of April 1, 1940 however, this was impossible because she was not born until about 1939.
(2) James T. RUTHERFORD died testate on February 8, 1989, in Houston, Harris County, TX, and his will and codicil were thereafter probated in a proceeding in Probate Court No. 4 of Harris County, TX, under docket no. 227203. On March 1, 1989, James' widow, Blake G. RUTHERFORD filed an amended application for probate of will and codicil and issuance of letters testamentary. The amended application reads in part as follows:
1. Applicant Blake G. Rutherford is the surviving spouse of Decedent and is domiciled in and resides at 5639 Pine Forest, Houston, Harris County, Texas 77056.
2. The Decedent died on February 8, 1989, in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at the age of seventy-seven (77) years. . . .
5. The decedent left a valid written will dated January 7, 1982, naming Applicant as Independent Executrix. . . . The decedent also left a valid written codicil to his will, dated August 10, 1987. . . .
6. No child or children were born to or adopted by Decedent after the making of his will. . . .
8. The Decedent was divorced from his previous wife, Sallye P. Rutherford, on April 27, 1976.
9. The Applicant's social security number is 464-24-2668. The decedent's social security number was 442-10-8867.
(3) The beneficiaries under James T. RUTHERFORD's will dated January 7, 1982 were James' widow, Blake G. RUTHERFORD; James' daughter, Kay RUTHERFORD Johnson; Blake's daughter, Suzanna Vance DAVIS; and Blake's son, David Christopher DAVIS.
(4) The codicil dated August 10, 1987 to James T. RUTHERFORD's will made changes to the portion of his will relating to alternate executors in the event that his widow, Blake G. RUTHERFORD, died, resigned, or failed or refused to act as executrix.
(5) Social Security Death Index:
Name: James T. Rutherford
Last Residence: 77056 Houston, Harris, Texas, United States of America
Born: 23 Dec 1911
Died: 8 Feb 1989
State (Year) SSN issued: Oklahoma (Before 1951)
||Frost, Gilchrist and Related Families
||26 Feb 2017 |
||James Taylor RUTHERFORD, Sr., b. 01 May 1881, Sebastian County, AR , d. 10 Nov 1953 (Age 72 years) |
||Mary OURSLER, b. Jul 1889, TN , d. 1937, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County, OK (Age ~ 47 years) |
||03 Feb 1911
||St. Francis County, AR 
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Evelyn Jeanette STARNS, b. 17 Dec 1917, Hobart, Kiowa County, OK , d. 01 Aug 1974, Los Angeles County, CA (Age 56 years) |
||21 Mar 1936
||Tulsa, Tulsa County, OK
(1) The Oklahoman, Oklahoma City, OK, March 24, 1936, p. 6:
By Dixie Payne
Of interest throughout the state, particularly in university circles, is the announcement made by Mrs. Ida Starns, Norman, of the marriage of her daughter, Miss Jeanette, to James Taylor Rutherford jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. J. T. Rutherford, 1425 Northwest Thirty-fifth street.
The marriage took place Saturday [March 21, 1936] in the home of the officiating minister, Rev. Forney Hutchinson, pastor of the Boston Avenue Methodist church, Tulsa.
Mrs. Rutherford attended the University of Oklahoma; Mr. Rutherford attended Washington and Lee university, Lexington, Va., and will receive his B.S. degree in geology from the University of Oklahoma in June. He is a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
||26 Feb 2017 10:41:16 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Details: Citation Text: (1)http://www.argenweb.net/stfrancis/MARRIAGES: RUTHERFORD JAMES TAYLOR m.1911 SPOUSE: OURSLER MARY MISS FC [Forrest City] TIMES RUTHERFORD-OURSLER The marriage of Mr. James Taylor Rutherford, of Oklahoma City, and Miss Mary Oursler on Tuesday by Rev. Mr. Nelson at the Methodist church. 2-3-1911.